On Saturday 17 October 2020, the Ashraful Aid team in collaboration MealSA and CWF traveled to Cape Town and distributed grocery hampers to members of vulnerable communities.
We distributed 2000 food hampers and over 3000 maize meals to the needy in various areas. Some of the areas were:
- Westridge Masjid in Mitchells Plain
- Retirement Village in Mitchells Plain
- Madrasatu Tarbiyya in Eagles Park
- Masjidul Ishraaq and Lotus River
- The Cape Flats
- And others
- The atmosphere was exceptionally humbling yet fulfilling. The teams worked exceptionally hard and completed this massive undertaking in just TWO days.
- At Madrasatu Tarbiyya the teams also carried out a Well Point inspection of a well that was build in March,2018. Ashraful Aid teams are happy to report that the well point was still in excellent condition and being used by both the School and the Masjid.